Hello everyone!
My name is Cassandra Aimers and I teach 3rd grade. This is my 5th year teaching. I taught first grade my first two years teaching and now I teach 3rd grade. I am getting my master's degree in Curriculum Instruction with both reading certifications. I was in the Army National Guard for 9 years. My favorite animal is an elephant.
A future goal of mine would be to become a reading coach, ESL teacher, or a Title teacher once I am done in the classroom setting. I am currently working on getting my reading specialist license and reading teacher license. A dream goal I have is to teach on a Military base and travel the word teaching kids. The Military has an awesome program called Troops to Teachers. This program helps Military personal transition into teaching careers. The link will give more information about the program.

testing
ReplyDeleteHi Cassandra! This is Madison Parola! Thank you for your service in the National Guard! Your dream sounds like a great job where you will help a lot of people. Your link was very helpful for more insight on what you aspire to do! Also, do you feel that you best suit a younger classroom for teaching since you teach third graders or would you teach older students? Great first post!
ReplyDeleteHey Madison,
DeleteYour welcomes. That is funny you ask. I always have seen myself teaching younger grades. My favorite grade is 1st grade. I love the growth they make at that age. I was actually displaced and had to find a new position and fell into 3rd grade. I was so unsure about it. But, I actually love this age more than I ever would have thought. I can not teach anything higher than 3rd grade due to my license is birth to third grade. I have subbed in higher grades before 6th-8th and it was not a good time. Students didn't view me as a teacher or respected me as I looked the same age as them and was their size. I am sure that could change using some strategies but its also a reason why I stay to the littles.
Hello Cassandra. Welcome to the course. Thank you also for posting your blog post #1 a bit early. It serves as a great example for others to follow.
ReplyDeleteHi Casandra,
ReplyDeleteFirst off I want to say that I think your dream of teaching on base is amazing. Coming from a military family I was once in a position where I would of been instructed in an on base setting at Ft. Bragg (not that I can remember because I was an infant). In looking at your posted article and hearing information over the years from my dad I like the dynamic that on base education offers in conjunction with the surrounding community whether it be domestic or abroad.
Thank you for sharing,
-Keegan Marifern
Hi Keegan,
DeleteThank you. I really enjoy what they do for these students who live their life on the move. When I was growing up I went to 5 elementary schools, 1 middle school and two high schools so I can relate to these students and families.
Hey Cassandra,
ReplyDeleteI'm an army brat so I love seeing that you want to teach on military bases! I grew up with teachers there and they made all the difference. I actually kind of miss moving around so I've thought about teaching on military bases or on expat compounds overseas. That program looks awesome, best of luck to you!
Hi Cassandra,
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate your future goal to possibly become a ESL or reading teacher. I personally am experiencing a student in my placement that speaks a dialect of Swahili. I have been doing the best I can in my role as of right now but other than that she has little to no support in the classroom. I think it is important to have teachers qualified to help in these situations because my CT has no care which really frustrates me.
However, I enjoyed reading!